PIRO is a client server based enterprise application, built on Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 technology. It uses MySQL database on the server side and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for tansferring data between the client and the server. WCF is a highly flexible Service Oriented Architecture, meaning that PIRO client applications can easily connect to the PIRO server either over the Internet or over your corporate intranet, through HTTP. This means that the PIRO server can run on an external server (for example in a secure colocation) and accessed through the Internet or on a server in your local network.
This setup gives a great flexibility and requires minimal configuration.
PIRO Server Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 (either physical or virtual server configurations are supported)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1)
- ASP.NET 2.0
- IIS 6.0 or higher (with WCF support)
- MySQL Server 5.0 or higher (can be installed on the same server as the PIRO server or on a different machine)
PIRO Client Requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 (PIRO is Windows 7 enabled !)
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework (SP1)
- Network or internet connection to the PIRO Server