Jewelry inventory management
PIRO keeps an exact, real-time inventory of all finished goods and all materials stored.
PIRO keeps an exact inventory of all items and materials used in daily production and uses market prices (from metal markets and RapNet) to calculate your inventory's present value in real time.
- Create your own metals, inventory groups and types: do you want to track exotic materials or other high-value items typically not used in jewelry production? PIRO allows you to create any type of inventory item structure that fits your needs and allows you to define automated pricing rules for every material/component or finished good created.
- Exact inventory tracking: see in real time your entire inventory, whether located in your safe or as work in progress on the shop floor.
- Customer inventory: keep track of every item and component you receive from your customers, be it a piece of jewelry sent over for repair or metals and stones to be used in the fashioning of a new item. The customer inventory keeps track of each customer separately, ensuring you are always aware of what your customers have sent you, what properties the items have, what changes they’ve gone through and where they are currently stored.
- Create your own jewelry styles (blueprints) and set up the bill of materials (components) and individual workflows for each style; you can also group similar jewelry styles into jewelry collections for easier management.
- Define your own attribute sets for styles, depending on the type of styles you manufacture, and set your own prices for each attribute combination.
- Variants are an additional degree of customizability designed to assist customers who have a lot of jewelry products which are mostly similar to each other, but with small differences between them. Instead of having to create a separate template for each product, variants can be used to track and distinguish these differences (such as the metal, or the type of stone used) on a single template, saving precious user time and simplifying the order process.
- Product catalog: professional looking reports can be automatically generated with the most up to date information, including pictures, descriptions, properties and pricing, and can also be used with item variants. Product catalogs can be designed based on a custom template and are typically used for marketing purposes since the catalogs are typically sent out to customers.
- Partition your inventory into easily managed groups so you have instant visibility of your jewelry styles, diamonds and any other inventory items.
- Product ID: inventory items can be assigned a unique PID code, representative of a specific physical item, which can be used to track the status of items separately from other similar items. Know precisely where a specific inventory item is at any given time, track its progress and review its history using the PID tracking functionality.
- Flexible jewelry pricing models: fixed, market based, component based and attribute & wholesale factor based pricing
- PIRO will update the value of your inventory items (precious metals and diamonds) automatically based on market price feeds (Kitco, RapNet), based on your set schedule (i.e. every morning for metals and every weekend for diamonds).
- Attribute-based price calculations: PIRO can automatically calculate the price of your items based on their attributes (i.e. the price of diamonds based on the 4C’s or the price of a ring based on it’s size and thickness).
- Track the quantity and location of every inventory item from finished jewelry, metals and diamonds to precious stones, findings, components, even the wire and solder used in production.
- Automatically convert jobs into styles to save bill of materials, workflow steps and costs for repeat orders
- Automated location tracking: PIRO will track the location of every bit of material from many different warehouses down to the level of individual worker - you can define the locations and perform manual or automated transfers from one location to another.
- Inventory locations and transfer: oftentimes a company’s inventory is organized into separate areas, or locations. PIRO’s inventory location functionality allows tracking the specific area in which items are located on the inventory, and the Inventory transfer functionality can be used to efficiently transfer items from one location to another.
- Inventory adjust: even with the precise and careful inventory management, mismatches between the physical inventory and the digital inventory records can still sometimes occur due to user error or other unpredictable factors. The Inventory adjust feature can be used to quickly update the inventory quantity records of any item on the inventory.
- Diamond lot management: PIRO automates your lot management, lot splits and transfers and allows you to dramatically speed up the management of your diamond inventory.
- GIA integration: PIRO can automatically retrieve GIA diamond data and certificate, thus speeding up your diamond management. No need for manual entry of diamond attributes anymore, PIRO maps automatically all the corresponding attribute values using the GIA diamond database web service - saving you valuable time.
- Our PIRO-integrated metal and diamonds scales eliminate user errors when entering weights by automatically reading the weights from the scales when a weight update is required (i.e. before and after polishing, etc.).
- Consigned jewelry (memo) and items sent out on memos can be tracked separately based on the customer or vendor and can be billed automatically once they are sold or returned. Additionally, sales representatives may be assigned to consignments which allows tracking the sales of individual sales representative users and calculating their individual commissions.
- Returned consignments can be tracked separately and the inventory is updated automatically once the consigned items have been returned.
- Metal inventory mixing: PIRO’s metal inventory mixer module can be used to mix metal alloys from available pure metals. The mixing calculations are automatically done by PIRO, and the resulting alloy is added to the inventory, while the pure metals are subtracted.
Quick Tour: Configurable inventory handling
Customize your inventory according to your needs. Custom attributes can be created and assigned to custom item types.
Quick Tour: Automated market price tracking
PIRO uses market prices (from metal markets and RapNet) to calculate your inventory's present value.
Quick Tour: Consignment tracking
Consigned goods or items out on memo are billed automatically when they are sold or added back to your inventory when returned.
This module will allow for a strategic management of your inventory needs. PIRO will track everything that you keep on stock: metals, diamonds, precious stones, finished goods, and more.