Organized jewelry manufacturing
PIRO provides complete end-to-end work order traceability; automates every aspect of your manufacturing process and production inventory handling.
The jewelry manufacturing process can be complex with many steps and materials needing to be tracked in real time. PIRO takes over all the time-consuming management tasks as it keeps track of all materials (metals, diamonds, precious and semi-precious stones, and all other components) used in the manufacturing process.
- Define your own workflows in PIRO to match your existing workflow, so your employees can keep working the same way as before, and use PIRO with minimal training – this will reduce your implementation costs significantly as no time is wasted with introducing new business processes and re-training of employees.
- Routing: jobs in PIRO can be routed from one service into another, which allows efficiently tracking the current stage and status of a job order’s progress within the workflow. Jobs may also be rejected into previous services, or rerouted into services not part of the original workflow.
- Free routing functionality can be used for setups in which a job order’s workflow cannot be fully planned beforehand, allowing users to freely route jobs as needed. This functionality also keeps track of the users assigned to each of the job’s services, as well as the activities performed by each user within these services. This is especially useful for overviewing and providing a form of structure to otherwise unpredictable workflows.
- Materials tracking: PIRO tracks every material used in the process and maintains an chain of ownership for any precious goods as well as losses accumulated – you can see the losses by location as well as by user.
- Exact job duration tracking: PIRO tracks every job to make sure that the steps needed are performed on time. It can send warnings whenever jobs are delayed, so you know in time which jobs require attention. This ensures timely delivery of finished goods to your customers.
- Flexible labor costing and pricing
- Print job envelopes (job bags) with barcode and job image that helps you to easily identify job items. The entire production process can be guided with solely using bar code readers – this eliminates errors and facilitates the flow of materials through your shop.
- Backorders: in cases when customers make large quantity orders, faults can sometimes occur during the production phase and some of the items need to be sent back into production (backorder). In such events, the order’s full quantity cannot be shipped without delay. During invoicing, PIRO’s Backorder functionality allows you to keep track of the quantities sent back into production and also to automatically generate the necessary job orders for the backorder items, while at the same time allowing you to invoice the available quantities.
- All your design files and images attached to jobs will be saved centrally by PIRO and can be indexed by customer name and with keywords and tagged for easy retrieval should you need to repeat a certain job in the future.
- You can define extra data fields (attributes) to be tracked for each job.
- Integrated shipping support for FedEx, UPS and ParcelPro including label printing and automatic shipping cost calculations.
- The Packing list functionality allows you to prepare for the final shipping stage of the production process ahead of time by creating a list of the items which have begun production and need to be shipped to customers once they are finished. Packing lists allow you to keep track of the information and status of the overall final package, or specific package items.
- An informed customer is a happy customer: send alerts to your customers at selected steps of the production process, such as when an design needs approval or when the finished goods are shipped.
- Split job orders into as many sub-orders you need: this can be useful when doing large orders and you want to break them up into manageable chunks; PIRO will automatically manage the sub-orders just like it does the main orders.
- Employee timekeeping system can keep track of all activities performed by your users; with this information PIRO can calculate exactly how much it costs you to process and deliver each job order
- It can be useful to be able to quickly distinguish regular production orders from repair orders, since they also typically entail different workflows. Repair jobs are a separate job type specifically designed to use the customer’s jewelry item and manage its repair process while at the same time allowing users to distinguish them from regular job orders.
- Resource Management System - is a usefull module for the HR department of your business: is a flexible, configurable add-on that adapts to your organization's operational practices. Helps you setting up holidays & employee job schedule, visualizing employee’s workload, and organizing tasks for employees with the right skills.
Quick Tour: Job order management
The job routing engine of PIRO is summarized on the Job Order Management form. Finished or currently processing job orders can be reviewed filtered by ordering customers, date ranges and many more.
Quick Tour: Workflow management
Piro has flexible workflow management, can be easily configured to synchronize with your company's specific production process.
Quick Tour: Timekeeping and costs tracking
Users of PIRO can do their own timekeeping. User activities can be tracked and monitored by authorized users and summarized on reports.
Quick Tour: Job orders split
Sometimes the job order has items to be produced from different item types, can be split into sub-orders. Once the job order is split, the sub-orders will go further through the services selected, and will eventually be joined again.
Quick Tour: Automated shipping process
Integrated shipping service allows you to fine-tune your shipping methods, estimate shipping charges etc.
Since we started the development of PIRO, the Production module was considered the central component, and was built specifically for jewelry manufacturers.